Historic find at Holmes Halls

Share

Whilst digging a new drain we came across an old bottle buried in the ground. It had a name printed on the base which we were able to research.

The bottle dates from around 1890 and contained imported Hungarian mineral water. We believe the derelict building next to where the bottle was found was built around that time and it was probably discarded by one of the original builders.

Where we found it
What it originally looked like

 

The bottle now sits proudly on our “History Shelf” in the main office.

Back to all news